Welcome to my blog.
We must eat healthy to stay healthy.. Right?? As they say “Health is Wealth”.
But when it’s weekend, we crave for some good and mouth watering recipes. Isn’t it?
Most of us basically prefer to hang out with friends in weekends to have good food and spend a good time together outside. But when it’s home made recipe and that too a delicious one, then one would definitely like to stay at home and enjoy the dish.
Today’s blog is about my new recipe – “Lauki ka kofta” (Lauki is healthy to eat and tasty too. There are many benefits (visit link to know more) of adding bottle gourd to your diet). This is a vegetarian dish liked by many. I too like it a lot. This was the first time I prepared this dish. I thought the final result would not be that much good as it was my first try, but to my surprise it turned out to be yummy. 🙂
I was very happy that I cooked well and thus wanted to share the recipe with all. Hope you will like it.
Below is the recipe of the dish:
Preparation Time: 30 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- One medium sized bottle gourd
- Two small sized onions, two medium sized tomatoes, for green chillies
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Spices – cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder
- Salt to taste
Making of Kofta balls:
- Grate the bottle gourd using a grater into small pieces
- After grating is done, squeeze out all the water from the bottle gourd pieces as we would not able to make the kofta balls as water content in lauki is more(96%).
- Add 4 tbsp gram flour (besan), one finely chopped onion, two finely chopped chillies, 1 tsp tumeric, 1 tsp jeera powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp salt(add salt after making the paste). The paste should be dry to normal. Do not make it watery.
- After making the paste, make small shaped balls out of it.
- Heat ample quantity of oil in a pan. Heat it well.
- Add the kofta balls and fry till golden brown. Keep the gas flame low to medium as cooking of the gram flour is necessary. If the flame is high, the kofta balls would turn brown from outside but from inside it would be raw.
- Take out the kofta balls out of the pan and keep aside.
Preparation of the gravy:
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- Add onion and saute for 2 mins.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the tomato puree.
- Add all the spices – cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt to taste.
- Saute these ingredients well till oil starts separating.
- Add water to it, cover with lid and boil in in low to medium flame for 2 mins.
- Add the kofta balls and let it boil for another 1 min.
- Let it rest for sometime so that the kofta balls soak the gravy and become soft.
- Before serving add slitted green chillies and coriander leaves for garnishing.
Happy Eating!! 🙂
Do try this dish and let me know how it turned out for you.
If you like my recipe then please let me know in the comment section below.