Hello my Readers!!! Welcome to my blog…
Today I am going to share with you all a very delicious recipe.
So let’s get started…
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Rohu fish, onion, tomato, ginger and garlic paste.
- Masala/Spices – Cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
Note: You can also add potato pieces but that is optional. In my recipe I have added potato. In case you are adding potato in this recipe, add these potatoes while cooking the masala so that salt enters into the potato well.
- Here I have taken 500 gms of fish. So first we have to marinate the fish well with turmeric powder and salt and let it rest for 15 mins. This will make the fish tastier as the turmeric powder and the salt will be absorbed by the fish.
- Take one big onion, one tomato, 1/2 inch ginger and 4 garlic cloves.
- Cut the onion into half – one half we will slice and the other half half we will use for making the paste.
- Cut the tomato into smaller pieces.
- Prepare a paste of onion, tomato, ginger and garlic using a mixer grinder.
- Take 10 tbsp of oil in a pan and heat it well (We have to fry the fish in oil first to make it a little crispy. During this process oil will be soaked by the fish so we have to take more oil)
- Fry the fish till it turns yellowish from pink. (While frying add a pinch of salt and turmeric in the oil and mix it. While frying the fish please take precautions as droplets of hot oil can come out)
- Keep it out in a plate after frying. (Do not over-fry as it will make the fish hard and you won’t get a better taste of the fish)
- After all the fish pieces are fried, we will cook our masala in the left-over oil in the pan.
- Add the sliced onion in the oil and fry till golden brown.
- Add the tomato pieces, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt to taste. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add the paste (ginger, garlic, tomato and onion) to it and saute till oil starts separating from the masala. (Oil separating means our masala is cooked well and the raw smell have disappeared)
- Now add 4 cups of water and add the fried fish pieces in it. (Our fish is already half cooked while frying)
- Stir a little and let it boil for 15 mins. (Do not stir hard as the fish pieces can break)
- After this you can server the curry with hot rice or tortilla/roti/chapatti.
This is a very delicious Indian dish. You can try this recipe and let me know how it turned out for you. And if you are a fish lover, you should definitely try out your hands on it. 🙂
I hope you all have liked my recipe. Do let me know about your views in the comment section below. 🙂