Hello My Readers! Welcome to my blog.Hope you all are in good health.
Today we’ll talk about something very important for us to stay healthy and energetic.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It’s been a decade since we are familiar with this. This is what scientists and mothers have been saying and yes there’s a reason behind this!! Studies have shown that what you eat in breakfast has a significant role in how our body works throughout the day. A healthy breakfast is not only crucial for maintaining a healthy weight, it also provides your body with all the nutrients that are needed to fuel up your body to work efficiently.
Now-a-days most of the people consider their lives to be very busy and don’t have time for breakfast. They think of making up the missed breakfast by eating a little later which is so-called “brunch”. There are many reasons why this is a very big mistake you are making.
Reasons why skipping breakfast is not a good idea :
- Breakfast gets our metabolism running – At morning our blood sugar is low because at night all the blood sugar has been used up by our body to repair itself. So metabolism slows down when we wake up in morning and that is the reason we feel sluggish and tired. But when we eat nutrient rich food our metabolism is kick-started and our body gets all the energy that is needed to start our day well. Moreover it is necessary to eat breakfast in morning as it is a part of our body’s master circadian clock, the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN).
- Skipping breakfast can result in overeating for the rest of the day – When you are skipping your breakfast, you are depriving your body of all the essential nutrients that are required to start your day. This will result in overeating as your body will try to gain all the missing nutrients and you will end up in eating more sugary and fat content food to restore back the lost energy which in turn will affect your health like gaining more weight instead of losing.
- Breakfast is essential for brain function and Mood – Breakfast should not only be looked at as a means to maintain a healthy weight but it also plays a very vital role in how our brain works. Our brain requires different nutrients to function well. Once your brain gets charged with all the nutrients it helps the whole body to remain fresh and energetic. That’s why people who skip breakfast tend to remain in a fog even after it’s 3-4 hours after waking up.
- Risk of heart diseases – People who tend to skip breakfast can develop the risk of heart disease. This is because when we skip breakfast our body feels tired and we tend to eat food with more fat content that can develop high levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), bad cholesterol that can block the arteries increasing the risk of heart attacks.
- Risk of Diabetes – There is a strong correlation between eating habits and your health. Those who avoid eating breakfast are at a high risk of developing type-2 diabetes. Breakfast helps to regulate your blood sugar in a healthy way.
What you should eat in breakfast?
Different people eat different breakfasts, but everything is not ideal for a good health. Food with no high fat or sugar content are the best. Our breakfast should include food rich in protein and fibers. Here are some of the best foods that you can include in your breakfast:
- Whole Grains such as oatmeal, whole grain bread (brown bread) and cereals.
- Eggs (boiled eggs are more nutritious).
- Yogurt (with little or no added sugar).
- Fruits (like banana, apple, orange, grapes, pomegranate).
- Nuts and seeds (like almond, flax seeds).
It doesn’t need to be a very large or extravagant meal. The important thing is to eat something as healthy as possible within two hours of waking. This will give your brain, heart, and other systems in the body the nutrients necessary for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Thank you for your time. I hope you have found it useful. Please do let me know about your views in the comment section below.
Have a good day!