Photo by Pixabay on Pexels.com
First of all, I would like to say that ”Life is what you make of it”.
So why not make this world a happier place to live in!!
Basically, we are all either living in the past or are too much worried about our future and the outcome is – we forget to live our present, which is the first mantra to be happy.
Below are following mantras that will lead to a happy life, which I try to follow in my day to day life.
- Live your present – The more you live your present, the happier you become. Don’t depend on others to make you happy, choose to be a happy person. There is no point in dwelling in the past as you cannot change it neither you know the future, so worrying about it won’t make a great impact.
- Reduce your needs – Necessity is the mother of invention, so if your needs are more you have to suffer more to fulfill the needs. You can live your life peacefully with lesser income. Stop comparing your life with others. Happiness comes from within. You don’t have to search for it outside. Find the source of joy within and then see that no power can ever stop you from being happy.
- Be contended – There is no end to greed. You must be contended once your basic needs are satisfied. As Mahatma Gandhi said, ‘The Earth has enough for everyone’s need but not for anybody’s greed’.
- Spend time with nature – This is the healthiest thing, I would say which keeps your mind fresh and gives you positive energy. Nature is cheaper than therapy, as they say. Don’t waste your money unnecessarily, instead travel to places, explore nature and then just feel the difference. Don’t let the child inside you die. There is a saying that ‘Money cannot buy you all the happiness’ and that is true according to me.
- Listen to music – Music has the power to make you forget everything. Whenever you are listening to music, listen from the core of your heart, feel it, embrace it and enjoy the whole lyrics. Sing for 10 minutes loudly everyday, whatever may be your voice – it gives a feeling of inner peace, letting out all the stress from within.
- Don’t let negative thoughts build in you – Negative emotions or thoughts are the most dangerous which eats you from inside. Always try to find out good/positive things in everything. Yes, I know it’s a bit tough but why not give it a try. It’s about you and it’s in your hand how to make yourself happy. Do write your negative thoughts in a white paper, roll it and throw it in the dustbin. It really works in reducing the negative thoughts. Make it a habit.
- Do yoga everyday – Yoga is the most effective medicine in reducing stress. You start your day in a good mood. Engage yourself in meditation, at least for ten minutes a day. You can feel a big difference in your everyday life once you make this a habit.
- Reading – Reading is something very important. We don’t realize the power of reading. Learn a lot many things from books, read about history, know about great people of how they have lived and what changes they have brought. This is how you can make a great difference to your life.
- Good sense of humor – Having a good sense of humor helps a lot, even in the worst cases. Make jokes, make others laugh, even laugh at yourself. Don’t care about what others think. Ultimately, it’s your happiness that matters.
There is only one life, so start Living.
Love, Dance, Sing, Eat.
Chant all these 9 mantras. Be Happy and Keep Everyone Happy!!